JANUARY 1, 2020
This issue of the Island Messenger is dedicated to Jack, the lighthouse keeper, who is better known as “The Guardian.” Our recent winter storm left damage and debris along the Sugar Sea but there was no loss of life. According to Jack, his parrot Daisy first sounded the alarm. Due to his early warning, there was time to prepare for the storm. A fishing boat caught in the turbulent storm was guided to safety. The citizens of Breakers Island are grateful to the Lighthouse Keeper for his dedicated service.
Read and enjoy our January 2020 story: “The Guardian”
Virtues: Concern, Resolution, Service, Trust
Exploring Paw Prints at the Zoo!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Brothers enjoying coloring time!
- Lighthouse keeper to be presented with an Outstanding Service Award
- A Community Service Day has been planned for cleanup
- A signup sheet for volunteers has been posted at Sue’s Supply Store
- Refreshments will be provided by Mrs. Baker for volunteers
- Winter storm deposited beautiful shells along the shore
FEATURE STORIES – COMING SOON
- January 2020
- February 2020
“Dead or Alive”
- March 2020
“Billy the Kid”
SUGGESTED STORIES BY SEASON
Mama Bear’s Reading List: